Booking Conditions Fenton Hill Farm Cottages
1. A 25% deposit is required to confirm all bookings which is payable within 3 days of making the booking.
2. The balance is payable five weeks before the arrival date. If for any reason you are unable to take payment of the balance by the due date and you are unable to promptly rearrange payment (or we cannot get hold of you to arrange for payment to be made) we will be entitled to treat that as your intention to cancel the Booking.
3. If the holiday is booked less than five weeks from its commencement, the full holiday charge shall be payable.
4. All payments should be made to Fenton Hill Farm Cottage. Cheques are to be made payable to 'Margaret Logan'.
5. Bank Transfers from abroad may incur a bank charge which is payable by the guest.
In the event of cancellation please contact us as soon as possible.
1. All bookings made before January 8th 2021 are covered by Mastercancel according to the terms at the time of booking and can be cancelled for any reason up to 2 days before arrival.
Example: For a check in on Saturday, guests could cancel the prior Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday but not Thursday(2 days prior) or Friday (1 day prior) or Saturday(day of check in).
2. Bookings made after 8th January 2021 can be cancelled up to 14 days before arrival for a full refund.
3. For cancellations within 14 days of arrival we will aim to relet the cottage. If the cottage is relet we will refund the amount received from the new booking (this may be reduced if we need to do a last minute offer) less a 5% admin cost. If we are unable to relet the cottage we will give a 50% refund.
4. Guests may cancel their reservation by simply notifying us that they wish to cancel.
5. If you are unable to come for your holiday due to exceptional circumstances (Force Majeure) such as the pandemic, lockdowns or local restrictions a full refund will be given according to the CMA.
6. You may wish to take out your own insurance against illness including Coronavirus in case one of your party takes ill during your holiday. No refund will be given if your hoilday is cut short due to illness.
7. All bookings and stays must be legal according to current Covid restrictions. You must not come to stay if one of your party has tested positive, been told to self-isolate or have symtoms of Coronavirus.
CANCELLATION beyond our control (Force Majeure)
We won’t be deemed to be in breach of this Contract, or otherwise liable to you, by reason of any delay in performance or non-performance of any of our obligations in this Contract to the extent that such delay or non-performance is caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control (for example if access to and use of our property is prevented by fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions, epidemics, pandemics, destruction/damage, internet or other communications failure, blocked roads, war/terrorism, nuclear/radioactive disaster affecting us or our property) (these are sometimes referred to as “Force Majeure Events”)
If for any reason beyond our control we are forced to cancel your Booking (or bring it to an end early) due to a Force Majeure Event affecting us or our property we will refund you the full amount of your remaining lodging costs based on the time of your Booking remaining. This will be the full extent of our liability and no additional compensation, expenses or costs (such as travel or replacement lodging costs) will be payable.
All bookings made through the online booking system are provisional until they are confirmed by us. Upon receipt of your booking confirmation, please check the details to make sure they are correct, please inform us immediately if they are not.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
1. Your cottage will be available from 4pm on the day you arrive unless another time has been arranged.
2. Your cottage must be vacated by 10am on the day of departure unless another time has been arranged. This may be possible at quieter times.
THE NUMBER OF PERSONS staying in the holiday accommodation shall not exceed the maximum number stated on the Cottage details.
The Proprietor or her representatives shall be allowed access to the holiday accommodation at any reasonable time during any holiday occupancy. We will always aim to ask for permission if access is needed but this is not always possible if a guest is not at home.
The Holidaymaker shall keep accommodation and all furniture, fixtures, fitting and effects in or on the holiday accommodation in the same state of repair and conditions at the commencement of the holiday, and shall leave the holiday accommodation in clean, tidy and general order in which it was found. All damage must be paid for.